Gaming anytime, anywhere: the top 10 most popular mobile games
The mobile games market continues to boom in Germany. No wonder: according to the German games industry association “game,” around 34 million Germans play video games, almost evenly split between 52 percent men and 48 percent women, with the average age at 37.5 years. In 2020, the market for gaming apps grew again by 23 percent within one year – to around 2.3 billion euros. This is mainly due to these titles, the top 10 currently most popular mobile games (by revenue):
- Coin Master (Moon Active): mixture of gambling and multiplayer game with Facebook integration.
- Gardenscapes – New Acres (Playrix): Small puzzles alternate with a garden decoration tool.
- fishdom: Deep Dive (Playrix): Again, the gameplay mixes puzzles with decoration – this time for aquariums.
- State of Survival (FunPlus): After the zombie apocalypse, the undead must be fought and cities rebuilt.
- homescapes (Playrix): The Playrix formula is successfully continued here: Puzzles, house decoration and a “heartwarming” story.
- PUBG Mobile (Tencent): The mobile version of the shooter hit PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.
- Clash Royale (Supercell): Real-time battles with the characters of Supercell’s other super hit “Clash of Clans”.
- Candy Crush Saga (Activision Blizzard): A now legendary puzzle game that has delighted millions and millions of players.
- Empires & Puzzles (Zynga): Role-playing game meets a Bejeweled-like puzzle game with building strategy elements.
- Clash of Clans (Supercell): Barbarians, mages and warriors fight against each other in clans from all over the world and build their own villages.